Make hotteok dough:
3. Add 2 cups of all purpose flour and mix it with a rice scoop, or by hand.
4. Let the dough rise. It should sit with the lid closed at room temperature for 1 hour.
5.After an hour the dough will rise to double its size. Knead it to remove the gas bubbles in the dough.
6. Let it rise for another 10-20 minutes.
Make filling (for 8 hotteok):
Mix ½ cup brown sugar, 1 ts cinnamon powder, and 2 tbs chopped walnuts in a bowl.
*tip: you could use mozzarella cheese for stuffing. Invent your own fillings with your favorite ingredients!
Let’s make hotteok!
4.Take 1 dough ball, flatten it, put some filling in the center of the dough, and then seal it to make a ball.
5. Repeat this 8 times to make 8 stuffed balls. (*tip: Use some flour from the cutting board to prevent your fingers from sticking to the dough.)
6.Heat up your non-stick pan over medium heat and add some vegetable oil.
7.Place 1 ball on the pan and let it cook for 30 seconds.
8.When the bottom of the dough ball is light golden brown, turn it over and press the dough with a spatula to make a thin and wide circle (about the size of a CD).
9. Let it cook about 1 minute until the bottom is golden brown.
10.Turn it over again and turn down the heat very low.
11. Place the lid on the pan and cook 1 more minute.
The brown sugar filling mixture will be melted to syrup!